October 29, 2015

Halloween Rant

Boo!


Yep! And I prefer the pumpkin to the jack-o-lantern, don't you?

When I checked my FB feed this morning, it was saturated with many of my FB friends in costume with their littler ones OR photos of their Dorothy's, Batman's and dinosaurs in parades and at school lunches and church gatherings.

Can I just say, "I AM SO HAPPY I AM DONE WITH ALL OF THAT!" and not sound like a witch? 

I mean, I'm beyond thrilled. No sugar cookie bats and cats I have to decorate for a second grade class; no Halloween parade I have to attend to take photos of my kids and their friends; no pumpkins I have to carve; no walking through the neighborhood with kids helping them not trip and lose their stashes; no answering the door, even.

Yep, that's right...and I might not even put the ubiquitous bowl out for trick or treaters that says, "Take One," while I secretly watch shows on the DVR with lights out and curtains closed.

This year my seventh grader has made her costume at a friends and will be traipsing her way around that neighborhood and my high schooler will probably "hang" at a friend's house or crouch in his gaming chair and play video games all night.

It would be the PERFECT opportunity to go out to dinner with my husband...or stay in my pajamas and hide!

However, for me, I am done, finished, kaput and I don't feel bad about it AT ALL!

If you're here with me, enjoy! And if you're not, don't worry, you'll be here soon enough. In the meantime, absorb the moment because the excitability and enthusiasm a child feels at Halloween is priceless...like one big sugar rush. 


Boo!

Until next time...


 



No comments:

Post a Comment