November 2, 2015

Gluten free Perfect Pumpkin Bread

conquering Pinterest, my oven and indolence

Moist, perfect amount of flavor and sweetness. Totally satisfied my craving. It's a keeper!

You can see the moistness glistening on the top of the bread, can't you? Yes, this recipe DID.NOT.DISAPPOINT!

If you've been following the blog, I've had a hankering for pumpkin bread, muffin, cake, something...just something for my hungry gluten-free-preferred stomach...for the past month. But you know my Achilles heel is baking, more specifically finding a recipe that isn't too difficult, lengthy, time-consuming or basically hard!

Luck was on my side yesterday. I was exhausted and hungry...not a great combination. I had yet to make anything from Pinterest. There is a season for everything, isn't there? Yes, I conquered Pinterest, my oven, and indolence. AMEN!

This recipe is adapted from Sweetphi. I basically halved her recipe and omitted the chocolate chips. #menolikeychocolateandpumpkin

I will definitely make this again (even my kids liked it and they don't do gluten-free). Next time, I will add walnuts and golden raisins for more chunkiness and possibly reduce the white sugar and add more pumpkin. I think this would also be awesome with dried cranberries and apples..yum!

If you're a skilled baker, you probably know how to substitute ingredients. PLEASE HELP A SISTER OUT AND LEAVE COMMENTS ON WHAT YOU DID...I like to learn!

What You Need  (Makes enough for 8x8 dish)

1 1/2 cups Gluten-free baking mix (I used Maple Grove Farms brand)
1 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
3/4 t cinnamon
1 t pumpkin pie spice

4 eggs
1/2 can pumpkin puree
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 t vanilla extract
Crisco

How To Prepare

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8 by 8 pan with Crisco. In bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together eggs, sugar and vanilla. Mix on medium for one minute. And pumpkin and oil and mix again. Lastly, add the dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined and mix is smooth.

Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until toothpick, inserted in center, comes out clean. Let cool and serve with butter or by itself.

Perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert. 

Yep, that's the lollipop stick hole. Didn't have toothpicks. Smells heavenly while cooking.
Tip:
Cover the pan with foil while it's still hot and the bread will get moist on top.

Let's Connect

Please visit me on Google + and 'Like' the blog on FB at https://www.facebook.com/monicawritesblogspot/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Check out Sweetphi on Pinterest. This recipe was adapted from her "The best pumpkin loaf ever (gluten free and better than Starbucks"

Hope you enjoy! Let me know...









2 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to have Monica share a piece of this bread with me. If she had not told me it was gluten free I would have never known. It was super moist and good. Thanks for sharing Monica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Jayme! I owed you for the popcorn!

    ReplyDelete