November 29, 2015

Gluten Free Southern Cornbread

in less than 30 minutes

Delicious, traditional cornbread!
Cornbread is one of those foods I love but don't eat often enough. The key to this southern comfort and soul food is buttermilk. Enjoy!

What You Need (makes 8x8 dish)

1 cup stoneground yellow corn meal (I like "Indian Head" brand)
1 cup gluten free all-purpose baking mix (I used "Maple Grove Farms")
3 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil

How To Prepare

Preheat oven to 425. Grease 8 by 8 pan. Add corn meal, flour, baking powder and salt to bowl. In separate bowl, combine buttermilk, egg and oil and beat together. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until just blended, not too thoroughly. Pour into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. 

Let's Connect

Please share the post using Google + or add me to your circle.

I'd love for you to "Like" me on FB here https://www.facebook.com/monicawritesblogspot?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

And please Pin my board "No Fail Holiday Foods" on Pinterest!

Let me know how you decided to incorporate this into your meal!





No comments:

Post a Comment