September 7, 2015

Fresh Garden Mango Black Bean Pico de Gallo

Mango Black Bean Pico de Gallo


Mango Black Bean Pico de Gallo
Perfect for the end of summer when mangoes are deliciously ripe!
This is the perfect nut, dairy, gluten, meat free recipe. This is my own creation so feel free to adapt to suit your taste!

All amounts are estimates. I like to be creative in the kitchen and hate being bound by recipes, which is probably why I don't do a lot of baking....you really can't mess this up, though. So don't be afraid all of my baker friends!

Ingredients:
canned black beans
fresh mango
onion
tomato
red pepper
cilantro
fresh lime
salt to taste

Recipe:
Drain the beans. Dice the veggies and cilantro. Squeeze in some lime juice and sprinkle salt to taste. And, of course, add the mango. Tastes better as it has time to sit.

How to Eat:
With chips; over rice; over potatoes; or as I have shown here, over chips with taco meat. A great alternative to plain taco toppings!

Over taco meat and  chips for a taco twist!


Please let me know how you liked it. I'm a new blogger and this won't always be about food. So keep checking back to see what's new at

2 comments:

  1. Looks easy AND delicious! Sharing with my college sophomore daughter - perfect late-summer fare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting. It is! I hope she enjoys it 😀

    ReplyDelete