September 11, 2015

Apple Smothers



You like my the fancy name? Well, let me tell you how I pulled this one of of my...AIR! (Mind out of gutters, people) 

It's September 11. It's Friday. I've had a cold for over a week. I have to get my son up at 5:50am to get ready for school. I had been awake since 3am. I went back to sleep from 7:30am to 1pm. Yes, I'm lucky I can do that. Then I realized I needed to eat. Don't always like to eat...too much work (kinda like doing this blog, sometimes) Being the only Gluten-Free eater in the house and a penny pincher, I often eat the same things. Today, was really sick of the thought of the same thing. So.....EUREKA! A thought ran like tumbleweed into the next and into the next and the pantry cooperated and Voila.....I bring to you, Apple Smothers (another way of saying apple with whatever toppings you have) Yes, genius, I know.


Gluten-Free, Kid-Friendly and Healthy Go-To Snack
APPLE SMOTHERS
So, what's in this bodacious recipe? There are tons of variations and had my family not eaten my Nestle white chocolate chips they would be on here...ugh. But seriously, whatever you have in your pantry, smother it on an apple and there you go....have it for lunch or breakfast, between meals, pack in your child's lunchbox, or for a healthy dessert. 

This is what I used today:

Yes, that is my left foot. Please just focus on food. Not that great at photos, yet.
Ingredients:
Kind granola bar
Honey nut chex mix
Chopped walnuts, roasted
Jif peanut butter
Raisins
Gala apple

What to do:
Wash apple, whatever kind you prefer. Slice it. Smother, hence the  name, with peanut butter, almond or whatever other nut butter you like. Crumble granola bar and sprinkle on top. Pick out the corn chex mix pieces, smash, and sprinkle on top. Add walnuts, pecans, almonds. Add raisins, coconut, chocolate chips, white chocolate. 
Eat and Enjoy!

Recommended with a cold glass of milk!

Let me know how you enjoy and what variations you create. Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment