November 25, 2015

Pecan Crumble Pumpkin Pie

My favorite Thanksgiving dessert from my grandmother's restaurant.

I can't remember a Thanksgiving growing up where we didn't have "Our" Pumpkin Pie, as my grandmother called it. In fact, my first year at college it was too expensive for me to travel home, and I was tremendously homesick. My most favorite person in the world, Modo (my grandmother), FedExed me this pie. I think I ate almost all of it by myself.

I've adapted the recipe a bit, as I don't have near the sweet tooth that she did....and it's still as wonderful as ever. Easy, packed full of fiber and Vitamin A and the perfect ending to a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.

What You Need

1 package pie crust mix (in sticks)
1 16 oz can pumpkin
1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
1 egg
1 t pumpkin pie spice
1/2 t salt
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped pecans

How To Prepare

Preheat oven to 375. Roll pie crust into pie pan and crimp along edges to remove excess. Set aside to use for topping. Add pumpkin, milk, egg, salt and spices into bowl and stir until blended. Pour into pie crust. Tear extra pie crust into small crumbles and mix with brown sugar and pecans. Sprinkle on top of pie.

Crimp edges of pie crust. Cover outer edges of crust with foil to prevent burning. Place on cookie sheet and cook pie for 50 minutes.

Serve with fresh whipped cream on top or as is. Makes a wonderful breakfast dish with berries and yogurt.

ENJOY!!!

Let's Connect

Haven't "Liked" my FB page or shared with friends and family? Click this link to see more delicious recipes and honest stories https://www.facebook.com/monicawritesblogspot?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

You can also follow me on the blog and add me to your "Google +" circle

Please let me hear from you and how you liked the recipe.

Here's to great eating!




No comments:

Post a Comment