September 17, 2015

Kid Friendly, Quick and Easy Chicken Pot Pie

Scratchless Chicken Pot Pie

Y'all know my favorite place to be is NOT IN THE KITCHEN! However, I have to be, often enough, so I might as well cook something that BOTH of the kids like and is relatively healthy, easy, and budget-friendly. Scratchless Chicken Pot Pie is just that. Scatchless simply means, NOT FROM SCRATCH! However, if you have a family recipe for pie crust that you want to use, please feel free.

Here it is! Hot out of the oven. My 14 year old son has already eaten 2/3 in 10 minutes. Mom success!


What You Will Need:


How To Prepare:

Open your frozen pie crusts and separate the two, letting them thaw for about 15 minutes.
Take five of the chicken breast tenderloins and boil them for about 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375.
Put your frozen vegetables (I used about 3/4 of the bag) in a bowl with water and microwave for about 8 minutes. Drain water.
Cut up chicken and add to bowl.
Add vegetables, cream of chicken soup, a dash of milk and stir together.
Pour the mix into one of the pie crusts and top with parmesan cheese.


Here's what you have so far:
Almost ready for the oven!

Take second pie crust and lie on top of this one. Cut off the excess. Put slits in top of crust.
Bake for 45 minutes at 375 degrees.

Final Step:

Let cool and settle or feed immediately to the ravenous kids. This literally is one of the few meals my kids are waiting to eat. I feel so good about myself on these days...I feel like a productive and nurturing mom. It's a nice balance to the frequent complaints and comparisons I get to moms who "supposedly" cook better. 

Enjoy with a crisp, cool salad! Let me know how it turns out. And, of course, you can adapt this hundreds of ways...but here's a yummy place to start.





4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yea, Judy Tacyn! They'll love it. Will you share on your timeline? Still love to have you join.

      Delete
  2. OMG. My kids are obsessed with chicken pot pies recently. I bought them for the first time for after school before football practice snacks. I have never made one homemade. Now I can:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne Wolcoff so glad this can be helpful. And if you tweak it and come up with a healthier version that they love, Lmk! 😀

    ReplyDelete