October 5, 2015

Garden & Gracie

"Here's to Dogs and Digging"


Gracie is still sleeping Joaquin away. These windy, rainy, overcast days are making us all sleepy along the east coast. But my dear friend, Shannon, and her family in Alabama have enjoyed a bit more sunshine, and her two rambunctious black labs have been in hog...I mean...critter heaven.

Meet Otis:

I'm dog gone worn out, mam.



Now, Otis is completely tuckered out because he, and his silly sister, Lulu, have been up to this all morning:


We just have to be patient, Otis. We'll nab one of those stinkin' squirrels.

As a former black lab owner, I seriously want to reach through the screen and tackle these big, gullible babes. Their unwavering intensity just makes me love them that much more.

Now, I've had the privilege of Otis and Lulu jumping on, licking and barking at me. But I don't know much about their personality. So, I asked Shannon to describe her 4 year old pups. Here's what she had to say:
         
          Otis loves to take naps and have his booty scratched. He will go through your legs over and over when he first sees you. Lulu loves to hunt chipmunks and eat off their heads...sigh. Of course, she has a partner in crime to help her run them down! They have exterminated, no joke, 50 plus chipmunks. We love them to death!
          Three words to describe Otis - loving, athletic, stinker. Three words to describe Lulu - lady, devoted, and OCD hunter.   

Well, based on that description, I'm more of an Otis, what about you? I mean, who doesn't love a booty scratch?

I know lots of you out there have labs or lab mixes and I'm sure you've got a book full of stories to tell. Will you share them with us in the comment section? Better yet, include a photo and describe your loveable lab and maybe it will make it onto the blog.     

Say "cheese." And have a Happy Monday!
  
Until next time...

Please visit me on FB at wwwmonicawritesblogspotcom. Ask for a friend request and I'll invite you to be part of the fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment